Saturday, September 6, 2008

Matthew's birthday

If I could figure out how to put a picture on, I would. I will have to do pictures later. This is Matthew's Birthday. So, in honor of his birthday, I am going to tell you 29 things that I like about our son Matt. I hope you like this Matthew and that you will appreciate the thought. I love you and wish you the BEST BIRTHDAY. Sometime you might want to listen to your cell phone messages.
1. The number one thing in his life is the LORD- he puts everything in perspective and loves the LORD
2. HE LOVES HIS FAMILY and they come right up there with the LORD
3. He is very KIND and CONSIDERATE
4. He is VERY SMART
5. HE IS SUCH A GOOD FATHER- He is so good to Logan and loves playing ball and watching disney shows with him. He is looking forward to being a daddy of a baby girl!
6. He is a LOVING HUSBAND - He loves his wife very much and loves to surprise her
7. He knows how to send his wife ROSES- he is nuts about flowers
8. He makes a big deal out of every HOLIDAY-I think he gets excited about doing things more than getting things
9. He loves to do surprises- Hey Amanda, wasn't that birthday pretty darn good?
10. He is a GREAT UNCLE - especially MR. PUPPET. He loves each one of them and is especially good with little Michael, once being the only other little guy.
11. He has a GREAT SENSE OF HUMOR- He keeps everybody laughing. I could never get mad at him for very long, because he could make me laugh at any situation. That is a great quality to find humor in everything.
12. HE LOVES HIS DAD VERY MUCH- His Dad misses him terribly and looks forward to the visits and phone calls. He came to take care of his Dad when he had surgery recently, all by himself and gave up a fun cabin trip.
13. I HATE THIS ONE BUT HIS DAD LOVES THAT HE LOVES HUNTING- Oh yes, lets use those guns YUCK.
14. He is a GREAT FISHERMAN and BUDDY- His Dad loves that fact and now he is going to teach his son this great art. He loves to go RAFTING with his Dad too, down the mighty coffee pot part of the snake river.
15. He loves BASEBALL- he use to eat, drink and sleep baseball. It was one of his first WORDS
16. He is a GREAT ICU nurse and when he puts me to sleep someday, I will hope it isn't permanent.
17. He is a GREAT FRIEND- He will help anyone that needs anything
18. He IS OUR NUMBER ONE SON- He is our only one too. I am so glad he came to us
19. He is a great STAINER OF A DOOR- you did a great job son
20. HE is a GREAT BROTHER- he loves his 4 older sisters
21. He loves BYU SPORTS more than life- find him on the COUGAR BOARD ANYTIME
22. He loves to go on VACATION
23. He loves DISNEYLAND- he is a disney freak like the rest of us!
24. He is great at Barbequing. His steaks are the best.
25. He is a pretty good cook- I have eaten things he makes and they are pretty tasty
26. He loves is in laws- I am grateful that he has another set a parents that are so good to him, and he loves them and Amanda's sister and brother in law.
27. He loves animals- he was always so kind to our dogs and he loved to go to the zoo
28. He never forgets anyone or anything- he doesn't like anyone to be left out or feel sad
29. HE LOVED his MISSION and is still a great MISSIONARY. He loves the CHURCH with all his heart.

NOW ONE TO GROW ON- He LOVES HIS MOTHER- well, anyway that is how I see it.
There you have it- our son's tribute for his birthday. His favorite birthdays were spent at the STATE FAIR in BLACKFOOT. He loved to go there on his birthday. Remember the time I took you, Brian and another buddy. We had so much fun that birthday.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY and WE LOVE YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a fun blog, Roberta. That was a cool tribute to Matt. I was wondering when you would find my blog after I saw your comment on Shanna's blog and I'm sure glad that you did! My mom just does a little pre-preschool for my kids and their cousins a couple times a month. She does such a great job!
See ya! Julie